Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Writing an Artist Statement and Some Nifty Florals

I've never written an artist statement before. It always seemed unnecessary because shouldn't people be able to tell what kind of art I make by looking at it? But I came across this post about it and decided it IS  important. It just gives people that little extra look into your creative mind. It may help them look at your art and say "Oh, I get it!" So with the 30 minutes I had between putting the kids down for a nap and working on a painting I sat down and wrote a short artist statement that I feel good about. I also jazzed up my about me page on etsy. You can see it all here.

I've also been back at painting flowers again. I've doodled, colored, painted flowers since I was probably 3 years old. It's one subject I never tire of. It may seem cliche to some and boring but I just feel so INSPIRED by them. Here are some of my favorite florals from some of the greats.
Flower Garden by Gustav Klimt

Flowers in a Copper Vase by Vincent Van Gogh

Flowers on Red Carpet by Pierre Bonnard


These paintings are just so beautiful and inspiring. Love the bright rich colors and the simplicity of the subject. Some of you are like boooring. Well this blog probably isn't for you ;) 

Hope you have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment