Monday, February 6, 2012

Experimenting

I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with colors, styles, and working big. I haven't worked with acrylic paints in a long time and I'm really appreciating how forgiving they are. If you don't like part of your painting you can just wait for it to dry and paint over it. I have been noticing lots of great abstract and non-representational artists on etsy lately and I want to figure out my own abstract style. I have bought a bunch of 12 x 12 canvases and I am going to have fun, not trying too hard to make something look perfect. I hope to experiment and to just make something beautiful. My main focus is going to be color and composition. Over the past couple weeks I have made a few things that I am proud of.

The first painting has colors that I love... I call it Aspire.





The second painting has been an experiment for 2 years now. I have about 5 paintings underneath this last one. I finally just let loose and used only my hands to create these swirly roses with acrylic paint and gesso. It was so freeing to just give in and get messy! The result is beautiful I think! It has great texture.




It looks great over my bed but it is for sale. I think a natural wood frame around it would look super sophisticated. Don't you think? 

You can check out my paintings at my etsy shop. I hope you have a great day. I am enjoying my coffee and need to get my little guy some breakfast.  More posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment